[Ponte Alto] Persian Garb session

Jennifer Davis lady_liadan at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 16:28:58 PST 2003

Hello all -
     I wanted to invite anyone interested over to my
place this weekend for garbmaking.  Due to an upcoming
Coronation, I'm going to spend all day Sat. and a good
part of Sun morning/afternoon making formal Persian
court garb.  I don't know how many people out there
are interested in Persian/Turkish/Middle Eastern garb
(they're all distinct, but I can help anyone
interested in any of the above), but it would
definitely be a good opportunity to learn more about
it if you're interested!  So if you'd like, feel free
to call or stop by and I'd be happy to show anyone
else how to draft a pattern for themselves and make
their own Persian stuff.  If you can and are
interested, bring fabric - either cheap fabric or
paper for a pattern, then if you want to try cutting
something as well.  (Silks or linens are best, or
brocades if doing Turkish.)
     In any case, this isn't anything particularly
formal or structured - just thought since I'll be
spending the time cutting, sewing, and fitting, it
might be a good opportunity to help anyone else
looking to do Persian garb for Pennsic or something.
(Side note - if you're interested in Persian garb
because you think it's cool, that's a complete
misconception.  The inidividual layers aren't too bad,
but a proper noble would wear between 3-8 of them!) =(
     My phone number is (703) 748-2104, call me or
email me if you need directions.
- Liadan