FW: [Ponte Alto] Announcing Asian Nights!

Ellen Davis ellen.m.davis at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 9 16:47:34 PST 2003

Good gentles all,

This is a reminder that the second “Asian Night” will be tomorrow,
Monday March 10th, at my house.

I am attaching Ii's original announcement.

Regards,
Aine/Hikari
----------------------
Topic: Asian Clothing
While the topic is very loose, and I encourage people to bring their
sources, I will be focusing on Japanese clothing, with patterns for the
kosode, hitatare, hakama, and uchikake--relatively simple late period
clothing for men and for women.  I will also have information on
Japanese court clothing.

Please, if you hope to teach and inform, let us know what you will be
bringing.  Also, I will make it known that snacks and drinks are most
appreciated (no, they do not have to be Asian themed--but it is very
cool if they are!).  If you want to continue to receive information
regarding

the monthly Asian Nights and are not already on the list, please go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/asiannights/ or send me a note, privately.

Asian Night Weekly Information:

Second Monday of every month, starts at 6:30 in Annandale. Please
contact Lady Áine at 703-256-5755 (nlt 10:30 PM) or
ellen.m.davis at att.net, or Ii

at logan at modzer0.cs.uaf.edu for more information or directions.

-Ii

DIRECTIONS:

Take the Beltway (I-495) to the exit for Little River Turnpike/Rt. 236
EAST.  After you merge onto 236, go through two stoplights and turn LEFT
at the third, Medford Drive.  (As you complete the turn, there will be a
Taco Bell/KFC and a Blockbuster Video on your right.)  Follow Medford
around until you see it end in a T-intersection; my apartment complex,
the Parliaments, will be on your right.  Turn RIGHT at the last entrance
into the complex before the T, then immediately turn LEFT again into the
service road/parking lot paralleling Medford.  Up past the dumpsters
there are guest parking spaces marked on the left; if the first section
is full there is another one a couple hundred feet further up.  From the
guest spaces, turn around to face the playground.  There is a set of
steps leading down and then a sidewalk running to the right of the
playground.  Follow this up to the glorified parking lot that is
Englewood Place; cross the lot, and slightly to your left will be #7405
(it’s the only white-painted building).  My apartment is #203, on the
top floor.