[Ponte Alto] NEWCOMERS' MEETING FOR JANUARY!!!

egeorges egeorges at cox.net
Sat Jan 4 06:19:46 PST 2003

It's a new year, and time for a new year of NEWCOMERS MEETINGS!

The January Necomers' meeting will be at MY HOUSE:  6406 Seven Oaks Court,
Falls Church, VA

TIME & DATE: January 17th @ 7:30 p.m. (NOTE THAT THIS IS A CHANGE FROM THE
USUAL SECOND FRIDAY TO THE 3rd FRIDAY)

Topic: "Life During Wartime" a.k.a. Are events like Pennsic and Gulf Wars
for me?
With the Gulf Wars registration deadline looming, this is a great time to
talk about camping, both on weekend events and wars.  It is a great time to
talk about melee combat vs. tourneys, and how cool it is to really "storm
the castle" with your pals!

Questions: Call me, Lady Luce Antony Venus -- 703-534-6075 (no calls after
10 p.m. please)

Directions are at the end of this message

This year, we are going to do a few things differently.

First, instead of having a roving meeting, that goes from house to house,
meetings are now going to be in one place -- my house. Okay, I admit it, it
IS more convenient for me, but I'm relatively centrally located in the
barony, and since I have to be at the newcomers' meetings, I am always
available to host.  I think this will allow us to get the word out better
about meetings and hopefully have more people come consistently.

Second,  I am officially extending the invitation to these meetings to our
existing members, experienced players, people who already know the ropes.  I
know this is not really a change, but part of my goal as chatelaine is to
get newcomers integrated into our group, which means that they feel
comfortable, and like they know folks in the Barony.  It helps when
newcomers meet a number of people in the Barony, rather than just the
chatelaine and her ever-patient-seneschal-husband-person.  So, don't be a
stranger!  Come to the newcomers meetings and have good food and hang out
with old and new friends.

See you on the 17th!

In Service,

Luce Antony Venus

DIRECTIONS:

TAKE YOUR BEST ROUTE towards the Seven Corners junction in Falls Church.
(Seven Corners is the junction of Route 50 and Route 7 in Falls Church.  It
is a complex intersection, and it's impossible to miss for that reason.)  If
you are coming via the Beltway (I-495), your best exit is onto East Route 50
if you are coming from the south, or East Route 7 if you are coming from the
North.  If you are coming from I-395, get off on Route 7 King Street exit
and go west.

On Route 7 EAST of the Seven Corners intersection,
 (AFTER the seven corners intersection if you are coming from the Beltway,
BEFORE the intersection if you are coming from DC or Alexandria on Route 7.
If you are coming from the East (Arlington or DC) on Route 50, go into the
intersection and follow the signs to get on Route 7 EAST)
 you will see CASTLE ROAD
(It's right near a gas station -- a Mobil or Exxon I think)

Turn onto CASTLE ROAD

Immediately on your right will be CASTLE PLACE.  Take a RIGHT onto CASTLE
PLACE

CASTLE PLACE will then junction with SLEEPY HOLLOW.  Take a LEFT onto SLEEPY
HOLLOW.

Proceed down SLEEPY HOLLOW past the fire station on the left.  Take your
SECOND RGHT onto ASPEN DRIVE

Follow ASPEN DRIVE to the end, where it will junction with an access road
off of Route 50.  Take a RIGHT onto this access road.

You will go through 2 stop signs, and the Seven Oaks development should then
be on your right.  go RIGHT into the Seven Oaks complex.

SEVEN OAKS COURT will be the row of townhouses on your immediate LEFT as you
enter the complex.  6406 is the one on the left end facing Route 50 with the
red door.

PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN NUMBERED SPACES, AS THESE BELONG TO MY NEIGHBORS.
PICK UNMARKED SPOTS OR ONES MARKED "GUEST."  Thanks.