[Ponte Alto] Demo announcement 5/10

corun at cox.net corun at cox.net
Thu Feb 27 10:31:00 PST 2003

Belphoebe wrote:

> Just so you know.  Schlagers are not live steel.  Live
> steel means real, edged weapons, such as daggers,
> knives, or swords that have been sharpened.

Bel,

In 99 out of 100 cases you're absolutely correct. However when dealing with the Park Police, in particular those in charge of the Mall in DC, semantics change considerabley. And since it's the DC Park Police who define the rules in this case we kinda have to live with their interpretation of what "live steel" is.

> However, that doesn't mean that if it makes them feel
> uncomfortable we should not stick to epees and foils.

And given the current op tempo in the world, uncomfortable just barely begins to describe it. ;-)

In service,
Corun