[Ponte Alto] Demo announcement 5/10

corun at cox.net corun at cox.net
Thu Feb 27 09:35:08 PST 2003

Abel wrote:

> Knightly Day on the Mall- May 10, National Mall- Washington Monument

[SNIP]

> Some of the things to keep in mind about the site:
>
> 4.  No live steel; however "Olympic style fencing" equipment is allowed (so
> foils are okay but leave the Schlagers at home).

In the first part of this you say Olympic style equipment, but at the end you mention foils only. Are we allowed to use epees, which piece of Olympic style fencing equipment is much the more predominantly used than just foils. Also, how about flexi daggers? I would much rather see more detail on what equipment is or is not allowed right up front for the sake of adhering to the laws as well as the concerns of the Park Police (and the Secret Service, FBI, CIA and whoever else is down there these days watching every little thing going on within five miles of the White House).

Thank you,
Corun