[Ponte Alto] More on the Gift Baskets for Chalice of the Sun God

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 08:08:24 PDT 2003

Greetings good gentles of Ponte Alto!

In discussing the baskets with Marsaili, it occurred
to us that it may be a good idea to request from all
of you to let us know which of you are planning on
making a donation for the baskets, and what the gifts
will consist of.  This will not only give us an idea
of how many gifts we have, but also will help us plan
for some variety.

For example, let's suppose that everyone thought of
giving candles.  We would end up with baskets full of
candles and nothing else, whereas if we know
beforehand we could say "hey guys, we have enough
candles, think of something else."  :-)  (Candles are
good, BTW.)

Chocolate, baked goods that keep well, candles,
candlesticks, items that can be added to a feast kit,
for example, are good choices for basket gifts.

We have also have fantastic artisans in the Barony.
Anything hand crafted will add to the spiff factor of
said baskets.  Bookmarks either illuminated or
embroidered, handkerchiefs, pincushions, book covers,
etc. will do really nice.  If you brew root-beer or
any other beverages, that would be good too.
I am sure that our many talented Pontoons will come up
with something really nice ;-)

So please let us know who is planning on donating
what, so we can coordinate delivery either before or
during Chalice of the Sun God.

We are sure that Ponte Alto will shine as usual, and
that Their Highnesses and Their Excellencies from
Stierbach will love thier baskets.

Many cheers,

Belphoebe

=====
-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace: http://ffg.freeshell.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org