[Ponte Alto] Help needed: Welcoming the Directors ("Basketdrive '02")

e.georges at att.net e.georges at att.net
Tue May 28 12:15:02 PDT 2002

Unto the gracious and generous populace of Ponte Alto,
greetings!

As you know (or will find out soon), The Board of
directors for SCA Inc. will be coming to our beloved
Barony for their meeting during the weekend of July 20,
2002.

In honor of their visit, we will be preparing small gift
baskets to welcome the Directors to Ponte Alto, which
will be delivered to their hotel rooms when they arrive.

To that end, I am putting out the call, far and wide in
the barony for donations of items for the baskets, and
since I am fond of devising cute names for things, I'm
calling it BASKETDRIVE '02.

WHAT: (aka What do you want me to do?) the following are
items that we are collecting for the baskets (we are
making 11 in all), so if you can donate some of these
items, I would be MOST appreciative:

1) Baskets:  I am sure more than one of you has a spare
basket or two to contribute.  We have no preference for
size or shape or material, only that they be reasonably
presentable.

2) Bottled Water:  small bottles of water (not the
liters, the smaller ones) Any kind is fine, it needen't
be fancy.

3) Small chocolate boxes:  little boxes (like Whitman
Samplers) of chocolate (6-12 pieces).

4) Virginia-made goodies:  Virginia is famous for
peanuts, honey, candies, all kinds of homemade
goodness.  So any of those things you can contribute
would be great. PLEASE, NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.
(Although Virginia has fabulous wineries, I am told by
my inside sources that alcohol would not be suitable for
the baskets.)

5) IDEAS:  Email me with your favorite things to do/see
in the VA-DC-MD area.  The BOD is going to be in
meetings most of the days, but in the evenings, they are
going to want to have dinner, and have fun.  Rather than
buy sterile (and expensive) travel guides, I thought it
might be nice for the Barony to present its own favorite
restaurants and activities.  You email your suggestions
to me at lucia at lucia-pegasus.net, and I will put them
all in a nicely printed, ribbon-bound booklet for the
directors to enjoy.  The more descriptive you can be,
the better.  Be sure to include things like addresses
and phone numbers.  Reviews of places would be great!
For those of you who are brave enough to want to do so,
I will attribute authorship. You may be anonymous if
you'd like, too.

WHERE: (aka How do I get the stuff to you?)

Please bring your donations for BASKETDRIVE '02 to one
of the following Ponte Alto meetings.  I will be there
to collect it (I'll even have a little sign identifying
the BASKETDRIVE '02 drop-off location):

1) BARONIAL PICNIC:  June 2, 2002 at the fighter
practice location

2) JUNE NEWCOMER'S MEETING:  June 14, 2002 at Baron
Thomas and Baroness Denise's house.

3) JUNE BARONIAL BUSINESS MEETING: June 30,2002 at St.
Paul's Lutheran Church 7426 Idlywood Rd., Falls Church

If none of those times or locations is convenient for
you, don't despair, just email me at lucia at lucia-
pegasus.net to arrange a date and time for me to pick up
your donation.

Also, if any of you have questions, please email me.
And thank you all in advance for your help.

Lady Lucia Antony Venus

P.S. (Corun, can you run this in Il Tempo?  Thanks...)