[Ponte Alto] Upcoming events

THRID at aol.com THRID at aol.com
Thu Jun 13 07:41:49 PDT 2002

Greetings,

We had another good practice session this week.  I want to remind all the
fighters that there a number of local fighting events in the next few weeks.
This is a good opportunity for those fighters who are not yet authorized to
get authorized.  Also many of the events are particularly good for melee
practice which will help up get ready for Pennsic.  Here is a summary of the
upcoming events with web links.

<A HREF="http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/0206/highland.htm">Highland River Melees</A>  - June 14th - 16th. This event is in Hagerstown, MD.
It is a good event to practice as a Baronial Unit and is also a good place to
Authorize.

<A HREF="http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/0206/stierbach-bday.htm">Stierbach Baronial Birthday</A>  - June 21st - 23rd.  This event is in Prince
William Forest Park in Prince William Virginia.  Another good event to
authorize.

<A HREF="http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/0206/novice.htm">Storvik Novice Tourney</A>   - June 29th.   This event is in Glenn Dale, MD
approximately 10 minutes outside the beltway.  This is a great event for the
new fighters to test themselves against other new fighters.

<A HREF="http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/0206/nrwp.htm">Northern Regional Practice</A>  - June 30th.  This is a Sunday event and will
supersede our normal practice.  It is at the same site as the Novice tourney
which is held on Saturday.  This is again another opportunity to practice as
a Baronial unit in melees.

Ponte Alto Practice and Picnic - Sunday, July 7th. This will be just like our
last week on June 2nd.  Try to bring a little food and or drink to share if
you are able.

<A HREF="http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/0207/assessment.htm">The King's Assessment Battles</A>  - July 12-14.  This is the Kingdoms Pre war
practice and will be the baronies final chance to fight in large melees
battles before Pennsic.  It is also one of the last chances for getting
authorized before Pennsic.

Once again I want to thank everyone for supporting the baronial practices.
We are starting up Thursday practice at Pimmit Park for both Heavies and
Rapier.  I look forward to see you out there.

Baron Sir Thomas of Calais