[Ponte Alto] Monthly Greetings from Thomas and Denise

DCADENISE at aol.com DCADENISE at aol.com
Tue Jul 9 10:43:07 PDT 2002

Greetings to the Distinguished Populace of Ponte Alto,
     June was such a busy and fruitful month for the Barony! Join us in
extending a warm welcome to our newest baronial member, Reagan Meredith
Smith, daughter to THL Sorcha de Glys and Lord Andrew Grey. The Barony gets
extra points in cuteness for having her within our borders!
    * June's Newcomers’ meetings and June's fighter practice/picnic were huge
successes within the Barony this month. We thank all those who assisted us in
those two Baronial projects that brought such an enhanced feeling of fun and
community to our group.
    * Many thanks to Master Kevin of Thornbury and THL Giuliana Salviati for
sharing their expertise at June University. Your talents enrich us all.
    * The Pennsic Gift Baskets Goblet Covers/Box Painting project is complete
and delivered to the hands of Countess Mary Grace of Gatland. I would like to
thank the following for assisting with the enormous Pennsic Gift Basket
Commission: THL Giuliana Salviati, Lady Celia of Rosedale, Lady Lucia Antony
Venus, Lady Shelby of Blakrose, Regina, Baroness Agnes Daunce, Lady Emma
Grey, Cynwrig Chwith, Lady Renata von Hentzau and Lord Miles de Locwode. Our
gift will do Atlantia proud when it is shared with all the other Kingdoms.
    * The populace at Highland River Melees witnessed two excellent
spectacles in the history of the Barony: Master Tirloch of Tallaght was
inducted into the Order of the Pearl, and 5 heavy fighters bearing the new
Baronial tabards graced the field as a fighting unit to honor us all. Thanks
to Lady Giuliana Salviati, Lady Shelby of Blakrose and Lady Catriona inghean
Ghiricc for their help in making the Baronial tabards. We are also bestowing
campaign ribbons for those  heavy fighters who fight under the baronial
colors and wear the baronial tabards and to those rapier fighters who wear
the baronial favor and fight under the baronial colors at a war or an event
in which the fighters fight as a unit. I would like to thank Lady Broicsech,
Lady Aelfwynn and Lady Nostas'ia for answering our call for weavers. These
fine ladies have said they would help the barony by making woven campaign
ribbons for the fighters - proof, once again, that the fighting and arts and
sciences communities are united!
    * At Stierbach's Baronial Birthday,Edric of Scardeburg and Count Ragnarr
Blackhammer won the heavy weapons tournament. The Barony was also gifted with
one dozen arrows from our Cousins in Stierbach, and we are very grateful for
such a lovely gift.
    * One of the newest members of Atlantia's nobility, Lord Christopher
Hare, hails from our lands. Lord Christopher was awarded his AoA at Return to
Troy by TRM King Logan and Queen Isabel. Congratulations!
     * At the Storvik Novice Tourney, Duncan and Issac made it to the final
four of the heavy weapons novice tourney.  Meuric of Ponte Alto and Cassandra
Arabella Giordano went deep in the rapier novice tourney.  While Allasan Ban
Inghean Fhaolain won the A&S portion of the competition with her hand
embroidery of her soon to be wedding dress.
     *  The Kingdom War Practice within the Barony of Storvik, fielded 10
warriors from Ponte Alto. By the first weekend of July, we will have made 21
tabards and distributed them all to fighters who have said they would like
fight wearing the baronial colors.  The good news is we are still making more
tabards. This upcoming Pennsic will also be Ponte Alto's first presence at
the War with siege engines, headed by Lord Marcellus. Thanks again to
everyone who participated.
    * We would like to thank Countess Kyneburh Boithuile for her gift of the
wondrous pewter bridges.  These lovely works of arts are displayed on our
Baronial favor.  If you do not already have one, please see Baroness Denise
so that you too can display your Ponte Alto pride by wearing our Baronial
favor.
    * Lastly, we express our gratitude to our Kingdom Chronicler, Mistress
Gwendolen ferch Cadwaladr. Thanks to her efforts, the fighter practice/picnic
on July 7th is now an official event. Thank you, Mistress Gwendolen!

Yes, June was indeed exciting and prosperous for our beloved Barony. So much
to be proud of, and that we are indeed!

    In July, we get a little closer to the Great Pennsic War and it looks to
be another eventful month for our Barony. Our Baronial Archery Champion will
be chosen at Stierbach's event, Flights of Fancy, on Saturday, July 6th.
Please contact us if you are interested in this most noble baronial position.
We welcome and encourage everyone to come out and join us in garb for our
Picnic/Fighter Practice Authorization in the Park on Sunday, July 7th. On
July 12th, please come to "meet and greet" others in the Barony at the
Newcomer's Meeting. We journey to visit our cousin of Black Diamond later in
the month for Assessments. We travel to Assessment with our army and stand
behind our King and Prince as Atlantia prepares for the upcoming War. July
20th, we welcome the Society's Board of Directors by hosting a Revel in their
honor. We hope that many of you will be able to attend as this promises to be
a time of merriment and fun for all.

In Service to our Beloved Barony and Kingdom,
Baron Sir Thomas of Calais and Baroness Denise Duvalier