[Ponte Alto] Missive from Your Baron

DCADENISE at aol.com DCADENISE at aol.com
Wed Jul 24 10:40:59 PDT 2002

Greetings from Your Baron to the Peaceful Folk of Ponte Alto,

  I write this missive from our castle's war room.  I had hoped there would
be peaceful negotiations between the Monarchs of our Great Society.  Alas, it
seems that only through war will there be peace.  Our enemies are ruthless.
They kill woman, children and kick small animals.  These inhuman acts must be
stopped before the enemy comes to our baronial borders.  When our King
commands, our army will stand behind Him and our Faire Queen Isabel. We will
march to battle and certain victory.  I know many will die, die, and die
again, but it is a small sacrifice to pay to stop the evil that approaches. I
wish to thank Captain Thomas Lyon for accepting our invitation to be Captain
of Her Excellency's Guard.  I know that with the Baronial Guard protecting
her, my wife will be in safe hands.  I ask that all available guardsman
contact Captain Thomas personally.  For I know my wife (or perhaps the rest
of the populace) will need to be guarded at the gathering known as "Midnight
Madness."  Heavens help the gentle that wants to make off with Fleur de lis
fabric before Her Excellency gets a chance to see it first.... heavens help
them.  I summon all able bodied warriors, to pray attend this Sunday's
fighter practice. We must make preparations for the journey to Pennsic.

Yours in Service

Sir Thomas of Calais
Baron of Ponte Alto