[Ponte Alto] Investiture Anouncement

THRID at aol.com THRID at aol.com
Wed Jan 16 10:58:32 PST 2002

Greetings unto the Good Gentles of Ponte Alto from Sir Thomas of Calais and
Baroness Denise Duvalier.

It is an honor to serve our rich Barony, and its populace has many arts of
which to boast. On the 10th Anniversary of the Barony, I, Sir Thomas, would
ask its people to consider the Arts of War –– Heavy Fighting, Rapier Combat,
and Target and Combat Archery.  One of our stated personal goals for the
Barony is to enrich and support the fighting community, and to raise an Army
from our vast lands in support of Atlantia and Her Majesties. As the current
Baronial Heavy Weapons Champion, I would especially ask the aid of my brother
and sister fighters of Ponte Alto.

The Rose Tourneys for Heavy Weapons and Rapier at our Investiture on February
23rd are to be tests of not only prowess, but also chivalry, as one naturally
supports the other. (We are sad that a display of the Archers' dexterity is
precluded by site restrictions, but we pledge that you will have a later
chance.) We will be pleased to select the Ponte Alto Rapier Champion at the
Rose Tournament. We regret that changes to the event announcement are
necessary and the Heavy Weapons Champion will not be decided at the Rose
Tourney.  We have decided to delay our selection because we have received
requests from many of our fighters who will be unable to fight at our
Birthday event but still wish to compete for the position. Therefore, we will
make our heavy fighter selection from those of our barony who participate in
either the Rose Tourney or the Saint Paddy's day Blood Bath event on
Saturday, March 23rd. We hope this change provides the opportunity for all of
our Baronial fighters who wish to complete for the honor.  If you do have
some questions, please feel free to contact us.  We look forward to our
fighters having a chance to test their skills and might against the best this
kingdom has as we prepare ourselves for both the upcoming tourney season and
war. Our fair Barony shall undoubtedly prevail, with the Grace of the
Almighty and the support of its proud populace.

Your in Service,

Thomas of Calais                      Denise Duvalier