[Ponte Alto] Our Gratitude to the Barony and her supporters

DCADENISE at aol.com DCADENISE at aol.com
Sun Feb 24 17:09:13 PST 2002

To the Good Gentles of Ponte Alto,

This March finds new winds blowing through our noble barony. Winds of change,
some may say, but also winds of continued respect from its Baron and Baroness
to the people of Ponte Alto. The opportunity to serve this barony and its
talented populace humbles us. Our first thanks as the new Baron and Baroness
must be to Baron Donald and Baroness Winifred.  We admire your
accomplishments, and are most grateful for your help with our transition. Our
second thanks is to each of you for your support and continued efforts toward
the glory of Ponte Alto.

Speaking of glory, we cannot express well enough how pleased we were at our
Investiture. Thank you, everyone who attended and participated and worked so
hard. It is hard to believe it possible, but we hope that the fun you had
even surpassed the effort that you all put forth. Special thanks to Count
Ragnarr, the autocrat, and his crew, and Master Kevin of Thornbury and his
cooks for making us all well-fed and happy Italians for the day!  We were
proud to select our new Rapier Champion, Cosimo of Venice, who won for his
skill, grace and chivalry on the field.  We are also pleased annouced the new
baronial notables Lucia Antony de Venise as baronial artisian, Robert (who
had no last name as of Court so shall be referred to as Robert the Brewer) as
baronial brewer and Ottey ap Tam as the baronial bard.

Denise and I are journeying to Gulf Wars, and hope that many of you will make
the trip with us (March 11-17). We ask your support of our righteous King and
Queen during this time of war. If you would honor us with your presence at
Gulf Wars, we would honor you with a Baronial Fighting Favor, and the
traditional Baronial Bead. We look forward to seeing many of us displaying
our beads so all may see the participation and know the enthusiasm within our
fair and wondrous Barony. The more the merrier, as the saying goes, and so it
is when fighting an adversary in far-away lands.  Because the camaraderie of
friends so encourages our forces, it will be our policy that anyone attending
a foreign war, whether as combatant or supporter, will earn a Baronial Bead.
Please see Baroness Denise for these, and our Ponte Alto favors, and wear
them proudly at the Wars.

As March is named for the ancient God of War, we would remind everyone of two
other martial events coming soon. Please come out and support our own Barony
at St Paddy's Day Blood Bath on March 23. We will choose our Heavy Weapons
Champion on that day. In addition to the winners' prizes, tokens of
appreciation will be given to the most chivalrous on the field, best-dressed
fighter and the best demise.

In the spirit of welcoming new allies into Atlantia, we also ask that your
support our neighbors to the south at the "Defending the Gate" event in the
Incipient Caton of Sudentur (within the barony of Stierbach) on March 30th.
This event has a Byzantine theme, and will delight fighters and artisans
alike with Heavy, Rapier, Thrown Weapons, Archery and Arts and Sciences
competitions.

We are pleased that Mother Nature has been so good kind to us with the calm
winter weather.  As the weather warms up and brings us to spring, we ask you
to come and join us for Sunday's fighters practice at Tysons-Pimmit Hill park
behind the library.  We wish to sponsor Sundays pic-nics in the park during
fighter practice.  There is a playground for children so bring the family and
come have fun and make merriment with us.

With God's Grace and your support, we would make you as proud of us as we are
of our Barony and its gifted populace. Our goal as Baron and Baroness is to
spread the friendly arms of Ponte Alto wide, and make the martial Arms of
Ponte Alto felt in battle. We welcome this opportunity to work together to
garner fame and praise for Ponte Alto among all of the honorable lands of
Atlantia.

Yours in Service,
Thomas and Denise