[Ponte Alto] Options for Award Structure Changes

Anne of Carthew acarthew at cox.net
Tue Dec 3 18:57:59 PST 2002

Well, I'll weigh in with an opinion.
I'm disappointed that the results didn't include one other possible option
(and, I guess this is a request to the committee that they consider):  If I
understand correctly, all the options beside the "no change" include adding
another level of award/order.

I'm not opposed to change. In fact, I'm somewhat in favor the something that
distinguishes between the fighting/service/arts.  Even though the garland
was intended to give equal value to all these disciplines, service has
clearly gotten the most attention, and some change may be warranted. I think
that Anastasia and Celia were the only two artisans I remember getting the
Garland simply for doing lotsa good A&S stuff - and not A&S in conjunction
with running local activities or officer stuff.

But I also believe in the "keep it simple" approach.  Adding more layers of
awards gives me a headache. (and, wait till we try coming up with names...!
argh!)

Is there really a problem (or perception of problem) that awards aren't
given out quickly enough, so we need more?  Have you been writing letters to
the Baron and Baroness recommending people that have not gotten
recognized...?

Anne.