[Ponte Alto] Pennsic Gift Baskets

DCADENISE at aol.com DCADENISE at aol.com
Fri Apr 5 09:56:35 PST 2002

Greetings unto the generous and gifted people of Ponte Alto,

Her Highness, Isabel has asked that each Barony assemble Pennsic gift
baskets. For those unfamiliar with the gracious Pennsic custom, Their
Majesties from each Kingdom exchange gift baskets with Royals from all the
other Kingdoms. We have been given a wonderful opportunity to showcase the
creative people of Ponte Alto before the rest of the Knowne World. Our Royal
commission for the gift baskets is two Beaded Goblet Covers in a
presentation/storage box for each Kingdom.

Fortunately, this project is perfect for gentles of all skill levels,
interests and ages. We envision our great Households and Guilds contributing
to our task. Individuals, children and families can make a number of fabric
circles or add beads to exsisting fabric circles or even creat a pair of
goblet covers from start to finish.

*Artisians are needed to paint the arms of each Kingdom on the gift box

*Someone to calligraphy gift cards to accompany each box, so that all may
know where the gift hailed  from (includes: Receiving Kingdom's name / Barony
of Ponte Alto within Kingdom of Atlantia)

* Needleworkers who have the skill can cross stitch or embroider on to the
doily/cloth cover, maybe in kingdom arms or some other decorative design

* Many hands to attach the beads to the doilies / fabric covers that form the
base for the goblet covers

If you cannot give your time to our mission, we would ask the populace for
donations of supplies. We will need:

* Glass, crystal or ceramic beads (not plastic)- various sizes, shapes,
colors

*  white fabric or lace doilies @ 4"-6" in diameter AND/OR serged white
fabric circles or squares AND/OR crocheted or knitted fabric circles

*  boxes to protect the goblet covers. The last thing we need is a broken
bottle of mead ruining one of our lovely creations. Walmart has boxes for 97
cents a piece. They have wooden ones measuring 3.25" X 3.25" X 2" and sturdy
paper boxes measuring 4.75" X 4.75" X 2.5". Both boxes are only 97 cents a
piece and are located in the crafts section of the store.

Working together with our Baronial Artisan, Lady Lucia, we will showcase our
first Beaded Goblet Cover Workshop at the April Newcomer's Meeting on April
12th at 7:30pm. The meeting is being held in our home, so I hope many of you
will join us to assist in our commission and welcome new friends into our
beloved Barony.

Our home address is:
9220G Cardinal Forest Lane
Lorton, VA 22079
703-643-1372

Directions:
* From I95 : Take exit 163/ VA-642 / Lorton Road. Turn Right Onto Lorton
Road. Take Right onto Silverbrook Road. Take a Left onto Bluebird Way. Turn
Right onto Cardinal Forest Lane. Park in any unmarked parking space. Building
9220 / Unit #G

* From Fairfax County Parkway : Take VA-636 Hooes Road South. Turn Left onto
Silverbrook. Turn Right onto Bluebird way. Turn Right onto Cardinal Forest
Lane. Park in any unmarked parking space. Building 9220 / Unit #G

Yours in Service,
Baroness Denise Duvalier