[Ponte Alto] Many thanks!!!

Shannon Smith sorchadeglys at worldnet.att.net
Thu May 31 11:44:08 PDT 2001

Greetings, fellow citizens of this fine barony, from your grateful Demo
Coordinator, Sorcha de Glys!

Thank you to these fine individuals for volunteering for the Floris
Elementary demo yesterday:  Marcellus Capoziello da Napoli, Belphoebe de
Gyves, Kevin of Thornbury, Stefan of Kiel, Ragnarr Blackhammer, Reina
O'Meighan, Cainder O'Meighan, Richard of Sterling, Sorcha de Glys, Johanna
of Storvik, Catherine Johannasdottir, Ulric, Baer O'Malorian, Bryhanna O'
Malorian, Laughing Crow Skine (?), Leann McArdle, Seanna McArdle.  The demo
was a success.  We had lots of fighting and even got the kids to dance!
Thank you all for your generous support!

The next demo is on Friday June 8th at Fox Mill Elementary in Herndon.  It
will be held in the afternoon, probably around 1pm, but I have yet to
receive an exact time from the teacher.  I will let you know as soon as I
do.

Thank you again,
Sorcha de Glys

***The following is a sneak preview of the upcoming letter in Il Tempo.

Here is the calendar of upcoming demos:

June 8 Fox Mill Elementary, Herndon   Time TBA
  Fifth grade Middle Ages     (afternoon)

June 8 - 9  Thomas Jefferson Comm. Center in Arlington
Relay for Life - American Cancer Society
Time TBA (between 6:30pm Fri & 10pm Sat)

June 20 Mary Riley Styles Library, Falls Church  2:00 pm
  Elementary school students

June 26  Mary Riley Styles Library, Falls Church   7:00 pm
  Middle school students

June 29 Algonkian Regional Park in Potomac Falls Time TBA
  Girl Scout Day Camp

July 11 Clarke County Parks & Rec. in Berryville, VA Evening
Girl Scout Twilight Camp

July 20 Algonkian Regional Park in Potomac Falls Time TBA
  Girl Scout Day Camp

In general, please contact me if you can attend any of these demos or if you
have any questions.  As you can see, we are heavily booked for this month,
so I hope that we will see some new faces at demos.  For those of you who
have wanted to attend demos but could not make it due to work constraints,
there are a few evening demos available. I will be posting the details of
each demo on the Ponte Alto e-mail list.   Otherwise, I am available at
(703) 264-0072 or sorchadeglys at att.net to answer any questions.

Announcing the new "Interbaronial Demo Webpage"!  Sponsored by Karen
Larsdatter (Demo Goddess of Stierbach) and myself, it is available online at
http://www.geocities.com/scademoteam/.  From there, you can visit a calendar
of upcoming demos, let us know when you're available to assist with demos
(and what you'd like to help with), read about the wonderful folks who've
helped out with recent demos, or even request a demo.  We hope to add a
photo album of past demos to this website as well.  Please visit the webpage
and check it out!

We especially need fighters to volunteer - you are always the hit of the
show!  Thanks again, everyone, for your unwavering support and generosity.
I look forward to seeing your smiling faces at a demo soon.

For the "education" in "not-for-profit, educational organization",
Sorcha de Glys