[MR] Future University of Atlantia Leadership Announcement

Communications University communications at university.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Jul 17 19:01:23 PDT 2023

The University of Atlantia is delighted to share the following news from
our Prince and Princess regarding our future leadership:
Unto the people of Atlantia do Princess Mary Isabel and Prince Ragnarr send
heartfelt greetings.
There are a few things that I wanted to bring to the attention of the
populace in regards to Atlantian University. For those who may have missed
Curia, Their Majesties have put into law the procedure for replacing the
University Chancellor by installing the position of Chancellor Select and
Deputy Chancellor Select. These positions by law will be decided by the
heirs of the kingdom, in this case Mary Isabel and I will be choosing the
first ones. This is done to give the Chancellor Select and Deputy
Chancellor Select a full University session to ramp up before stepping into
their full roles on the University staff. We would like to thank Their
Majesties for wisely putting this into law during Their Curia.
Mary Isabel and I are the ones making the first selection of the Chancellor
Select and Deputy Chancellor Select. The current University Chancellor,
Ollamh Jeane Kilmeny, is ready to end her 2-year term as Chancellor at
Twelfth Night in January 2024. Before announcing who the selections are, We
would take a moment to thank Ollamh Kilmeny for her years of hard work and
stalwart guidance of the University staff. She did an amazing job helping
University transition out of the pandemic while maintaining the online
components created under the leadership of her predecessor, Dame Adriana le
Bretonne, and helping the University of Atlantia remain the standard that
many other kingdoms now emulate. While We know that Ollamh Kilmeny didn't
do this alone, her leadership during this unique time for the University
helped not only keep the University going but also helped it expand its
scope and focus. We would also like to thank those prior members of the
University staff who were there when Ollamh Kilmeny took on the role of
Chancellor, who helped her transition into the position. We also give Our
thanks to all those who have spent the last few years working on the
University of Atlantia staff and those who continue working for the
University. This is a group of more than a dozen people who put in huge
effort to make sure that each University, whether in person, online or
both, is as successful as possible.
Her Highness and I have the privilege to announce that the Chancellor
Select will be Dame Deirdre O'Siodhachain. Dame Deirdre is a member of the
Orders of the Laurel and the Pelican. She is the most recent former Kingdom
MoAS and is also a former University Chancellor with several years of
experience working with the University team. We also have the honor to
announce that the Deputy Chancellor Select will be Father Ælfric Ecgeling.
Father Ælfric will be new to the University staff but has already done a
lot of arts and service during his time in Atlantia. Most recently, he was
the autocrat of this year's Tournament of Ymir. We are very pleased with
both of these applicants and expect that they will both do great things for
the University. Please join Us in welcoming them and thanking them for
taking on such challenging roles.
In service to Atlantia and Her people,
Ragnarr
Prince by way of External Communications, University of Atlantia