[MR] A friendly reminder as we get back to attending events.

Andrea Scott ladyalexandriawright at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 20:59:28 PDT 2022

Greetings unto the Great Populace of Atlantia does Dame Alexandria Wright
extend unto you,

One of the greatest joys a Crown or Baronage can do is bestow recognitions
for good works and deeds unto Their populace.

How can you be of assistance to your Crown and Baronage you ask?  It's
super easy write in award recommendations... if you happen to know events
at which those you are recommending for recognition please include it in
the recommendation.  This helps A LOT in the planning of courts for both
your Crown and your Baronage.

Where do we go to do that you ask?  https://award.atlantia.sca.org/index.php
 How do I know what to write people in for you ask?  A brief description of
all the Kingdom Recognitions can be found here:
https://op.atlantia.sca.org/awards.php

For Baronial recommendations your Barony most likely has a page on their
home page that lists it for example Bright Hills which is my home Barony
can be found here: http://brighthills.atlantia.sca.org/?page_id=334 but
that is not the only place it can be found.  On the Kingdom Order of
Precedence there is a link on the left hand side of your screen that says "
Atlantian Baronies".  If you select that link it will take you to a list of
the Baronies of Atlantia in order of creation just select the Barony you
are looking for and on that Barony's page will be a list of the
recognitions available to be bestowed by that Baronage with a brief
description of the award if available.  Again using Bright Hills as an
example:  http://brighthills.atlantia.sca.org/?page_id=334  under the list
of Baronage past and present is the list of Bright Hills Recognitions.

Now you know what's available what do you do with that information go to
left hand side of the screen again and select "search" - type in the person
you are thinking of recommending.  Look through their awards see if they
have what you wanted to recommend them for.  If they do write them in for
the next level up so say you think a person has done loads of stuff and
should be recognized with an Award of Arms for all their service... but
they have an Award of Arms already.... instead of just forgoing writing in
a recommendation see if they have an Opal if not write them in for that....
okay they have an Opal and an Award of Arms already... what's next?  See if
they have a Golden Dolphin?  If not put in a recommendation with as many
details as you can provide so they can be placed on the Order's Radar.
Chances are you've seen some spectacular stuff being done by people that
others may or may not be aware of... This is how others become aware of
just how cool and awesome every member of the Populace is.

Okay so you've done all the steps for recommendations how else can you
assist the Crown and Baronage in seeing that you and your loved ones get
recognized for all the great things you do?  Again, Simple go to your ESP
listing and log in.  On the left hand side of your screen there is a link
entitled "Friends and Family"   Add events for yourself, family and friends
that you think they will most likely be attending.  This allows a best
chance of catching a person at an event with friends and loved ones around
to share in the joy of their recognitions.

If you have any questions on how to do these please feel free to ask me,
I'll be happy to help walk you through them.  I can be found here or on the
Book of Faces under my mundane name Andrea Scott  There is nothing more
great than knowing you helped a loved one be recognized for their skills
and good deeds...  So please write in those recommendations and update
those event lists The Crown and Baronage want to be able to recognize
people surrounded by friends and family... but they can't do that if they
don't know the who, what, why and whens.... This is why it is important for
us all to act as eyes and ears for all the good stuff!

Many thanks for your time and assistance to your Crown and Baronage!

In Service,
Dame Alexandria Wright, OP
Court Secretary to TRH Cuan and Adelhait
Clerk of Precedence of Atlantia