[MR] New schedule for Atlantian Poetry Meetup

Cindy Watkins cindylou0527 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 08:58:07 PST 2022

Hello friends, this is your reminder to join me this evening from 6pm-7pm
for our first Atlantian poetry meetup of the new year! Any poetry you are
working on, reading, or thinking about is always welcome here. :)  A few
important updates to follow:

-We will be moving to Zoom as our meeting platform, courtesy of Paganus
(many thanks!).  Zoom ID for today: https://odu.zoom.us/j/95901120482

-We will also be moving back to a weekly format, with some important
modifications:

On the first and third Tuesday of the month, we will be meeting from 6 pm-
7pm with our standard format: an open forum for poem sharing (original work
and in period poetry you’re passionate about) and general discussion of
craft. We may still have prompts or special topics from time to time, but
this will be a special treat rather than the rule. His Excellency, the
honorable and talented Baron Paganus will be assisting me with hosting.

-On the second and fourth Thursdays of the month, we will be meeting from 7
pm to 9 pm with a brand new format: readings of long poems together! Some
of these longer works can be quite intimidating, so how better to tackle
them than in the company of good friends?! :) The first work we will be
working through together is Edmund Spenser’s The Faerie Queene. Once we’ve
made it through, we’ll pick a new long poem! The diligent and eloquent Lady
Giovanna will be leading these sessions.

These changes and expanded scheduling should provide a wider variety of
opportunities to participate, while keeping administrative work minimal.
Looking forward to seeing your lovely faces and hearing your beautiful
poems.