[MR] Bright Hills Baronial Birthday Poetry Competition

Deirdre O'Bardon deirdre_obardon at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 08:33:53 PST 2022

What do I do ona cold winter’s day?
Bribe poets tokeep the chill away!
Please join us at Bright Hills Baronial Birthday where I will besponsoring a poetry competition!  I askthat all poems be in a period form. Don’t let that scare you!  Remember that period forms include simpleforms, like the rhyming couplet (above) and more complicated forms likesonnets, sestinas and dróttkvætt.  I will acceptentries without documentation but it is better to include brief documentationthat shows that the poem is period, especially if it is a less common form. Iwill give extra points for anything with a Germanic theme or that relates toKing Laurin and his rose garden. If you want pointers on where to find KingLaurin, just drop me a line at Deirdre_obardon [AT] yahoo.com.
There will be prizes!!! I look forward to seeing you and hearing your beautiful words!

Lærimoðir Deirdre

Deirdre O’Bardon

Poetry, subtleties, cooking, bardcraft . . .

Deirdre_OBardon at yahoo.com