[MR] Atlantia COVIDSafe Plan

Atlantian Seneschal seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
Tue Oct 12 05:46:07 PDT 2021

Good Morning Atlantia,

The Kingdom of Atlantia will be implementing the COVIDsafe plan effective
October 18, 2021.  I met with Their Majesties, the Great Officers of State,
the Baronage and the Branch Seneschals to discuss the ramifications of the
plan for our Kingdom. We received an overwhelmingly positive response via
the Commentary page to implementing the policy. Yet, we know that for some
of the populace this decision comes as distressing news. We want everyone
to be able to participate. We feel that the COVIDsafe policy is the way to
provide the safest possible environment for our attendees. I have set an
end date of March 12, 2022 or earlier if all groups in the Kingdom reach an
80% vaccination rate.  As infection rates continue to fall and vaccination
rates continue to rise, we will review the policies and reevaluate the
needs of our Kingdom.

This policy DOES NOT remove the current mask and food service policies,
they will continue as well. The COVIDsafe policy is mandatory for all
official in-person SCA gatherings, including fighter practices, meetings,
and events. While the policy will start October 18th for local activities,
the first event it will be used at is Fall Crown Tourney.

Failure to abide by this policy may result in ejection from site and
sanctions for individuals and suspension of the ability to host activities
for groups. Please be patient as we implement the policy and determine how
Atlantia will deal with the various aspects of it.

A year ago we were closed to all in-person activities, this is another way
to bring us back together. The COVID pandemic we face continues to be hard
on all of us. Each of us feels this in different ways. Virtual Atlantia and
the University have blossomed, offering online opportunities that we had
not previously considered. But, we all want to be able to walk up to our
friends and be together as we were before the pandemic. It is my hope and
belief that this policy is a step in that direction for the Kingdom.

Atlantia is a resilient community, built of a diverse and extraordinary
populace. Please remember to be kind and supportive of each other as we
move forward. Vivat Atlantia!

Please take the time to read the BOD policy.

https://www.sca.org/news/covidsafe-proof
<https://www.sca.org/news/covidsafe-proof-of-fully-vaccinated-status-or-negative-covid-test-policy-resolution/>

If you have questions, first please read the FAQ published by the BOD

https://www.sca.org/wp-content/uploads
<https://www.sca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/20210829-Proof-of-Vaccination-or-Negative-Test-Policy-FAQs.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1ewYOfCjcUT0pn2SewKgxxEC3I6v2MbXiEpu7Zm0wsINzB2srT79NK4zI>

 The new COVID policy can be found here

https://atlantia.sca.org/reopening-atlantia/

Cordially,

Duchess Simone

Sarah Toich
Seneschal, Kingdom of Atlantia
seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
410-290-3961 NLT 10 pm

*“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you
plant.”Robert Louis Stevenson*