[MR] Tudor Textiles Book

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 14:26:33 PDT 2020

Noble Friends,

Today while thumbing through Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller's most recent
new arrivals catalog, I stumbled onto TUDOR TEXTILES by Eleri Lynn. This
might be a book of great interest to our fabric mavens.

Here is Hamilton's blurb: *"This lavishly illustrated volume tells the
story of textiles during the long Tudor century, from the ascendancy of
Henry VII in 1485 to the death of his granddaughter Elizabeth I in 1603.
During this time Tapestries, embroideries, carpets and hangings were more
highly esteemed than paintings and other forms of decorative art."*

The book has 192 pages, and is marked down from $50 to $39.95. Their order
number 3888533.

If you have never ordered from Hamilton, let me suggest you start online at
https://www.hamiltonbook.com . Rather than complete the order online, print
out the order form and send them a paper check via snail mail. If you pay
by check, the shipping is $4.00 for the whole order, no matter how many
books you buy. If you order online, and thus pay by credit or debit card,
your shipping is $4.00 PER BOOK. Hamilton now collects state sales tax on
most purchases (including on shipping). Delivery time on most mail orders
is about two weeks.

I must warn you that Hamilton sends out catalogs about every two weeks,
alternating between new arrivals (which are all jumbled up) and
backstock (nicely organized by subject). They also occasionally send
smaller catalogs limited subjects, such as art, biography, fiction, etc.

I have no financial interest in E.R. Hamilton, but have been a satisfied
customer for a number of years. They are a great source for books from the
UK that aren't normally stocked on this side of the Big Puddle.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆