[MR] Mallard Lodge Blog and Class Handouts

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 11:31:18 PDT 2020

Noble Friends,

After several agonizing days of fighting against Blogspot, I have remounted
the Mallard Lodge Household blog page. This isn't really a blog per se, and
I don't intend to be making continued posts. The page is simply a
placeholder for the Household.

O.K. This page is not of great importance. What is far more useful are
adaptations of several handouts from some classes Lady Sarah Sinclair and I
have offered at past University of Atlantia sessions. These handouts can be
accessed from the Household blog page, and are here for your reference as
our contribution to Atlantia's new virtual world. As far as I know, they
are going to be stable. (Ha!)

The Blog address is https://mallardlodgehousehold.blogspot.com .

There you will find:

Castles in Virginia. This illustrated page includes various castles,
castle-like buildings, historic houses that have been reassembled in
Virginia, and sites with replica buildings of interest to Scadians. I do
not propose to expand this page to other parts of Atlantia, as I haven't
yet seen all those on my list. I welcome suggestions for additional sites.

The Scottish Great Kilt. Wearing the kilt in the SCA is controversial and
problematic. Hopefully, this will provide a guide to those of you who want
to show off your knees. I may rewrite this page sometime in the future as
the text is a bit chaotic, but it's done for now.

Scottish Clothing: More Than Just Kilts. This was a class I gave twice at
University, and delves into non-kilt clothing, mainly for the late 15th and
16th centuries. Featured here are photos of Scottish re-enactors and a
whole bunch of dummies in various period clothes. Also included are some
thoughts on class and women in late-period Scotland that may be very useful
in building a persona.

Leaving Home: British Medieval Pilgrimage. This was a class given by Lady
Sarah which not surprisingly is about pilgrimage.

By the way, all of the illustrations presented on these pages can be
enlarged just by clicking upon them.

Please feel free to bookmark, download or print these pages for your future
reference.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge
Sarah Sinclair, Lady of Mallard Lodge