[MR] A missive from the Kingdom Seneschal

Atlantian Seneschal seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
Fri Jul 31 16:02:25 PDT 2020

Good evening Atlantia,

As you heard from their Majesties last night, we will be reopening Atlantia
to some limited official in-person activities soon. With the help of the
Crowns, Great Officers and Seneschals we’ve been working on a reopening
plan that keeps the welfare of our members uppermost in our minds. We will
roll out the plan in the next two weeks. We intend to begin by allowing
very limited activities for adults (no minors) such as Target Archery,
Thrown Weapons, Equestrian, and A&S.  These activities will occur outdoors
and participants will be given strict guidelines governing the wearing of
face masks and social distancing. No group will be required to host in
person activities if they don’t want to. You can expect things to look
different as we start, but hopefully it will be just the beginning as we
work toward allowing more activities. The guidelines will spell out the
criteria for opening up martial activities as the pandemic permits.

It may have felt disheartening this week to have all events delayed until
next year, but I applaud the decision of the Board of Directors.  This
decision was made at the request of and with the support of every Crown in
North America and shows we stand together to see our Society through the
pandemic.  I’m missing many of my fellow Atlantians, and I know this
sentiment is shared across our Kingdom. I am inspired by the outpouring of
offers of help, from memberships to websites to classes to emotional
support. Atlantia endures as a strong and vibrant Kingdom.

Duchess Simone
Sarah Toich
Seneschal, Kingdom of Atlantia
seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
410-290-3961 NLT 10 pm

*“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you
plant.”Robert Louis Stevenson*