[MR] Upcoming Brewing Competitions

David Gunter dgunter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 12:48:49 PDT 2020

Greetings brewers!

I hope that you are getting your cellars stocked and that you are using
this time to brew and learn!

Due to the plague sweeping our lands, Ruby Joust has been canceled.  This
means that there will not be the traditional spring brewing competition.
Rather than plan for a competition this spring at another event which risks
the possibility of also being canceled, I will sponsor the next competition
at War of the Wings this fall.  I know that it is a long time away, but
this gives you the time to produce some wonderful beverages.

My planned schedule for brewing competitions this year:

War of the Wings – bring one beverage that best represents autumn. Bocks,
dark wines, etc.

Twelfth Night – bring one beverage that best represents the holiday
season:  Dark beers, spiced and mulled wine, spiced meads, etc.

Kingdom Arts and Sciences Festival – This is the Royal Brewer competition
and your chance to shine!  Bring two beverages  - one each of different
categories, for example, a beer and a mead.  Any brewed beverage is
acceptable as long as the two you bring are from different categories.

The judging rubric that will be used can be found here:
http://brewers.atlantia.sca.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Brewers-Guild-Competition-Form.pdf

Bring your best!

Yours in service,

Lord Ciaran mac Breandain, Royal Brewer