[MR] Online Summer University: Call for Class Proposals

Adriana la Bretonne baronessadriana at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 12:33:34 PDT 2020

We are now accepting class proposals for Summer University 2020 to be held
virtually on Saturday, June 13.

This will be the first session of the University of Atlantia to occur
entirely online. For this reason, please read ALL below information *before*
your submitting class(es).

Summer University Important Planning Dates:

   - May 1 ALL Class Proposals Due
   - May 5-8 Instructor Review of Catalogue
   - May 15 Student Registration Opens (ALL students for this session are
   required to pre-register for classes.)
   - June 9 Student Registration Closes

IMPORTANT INFO FOR STUDENTS & INSTRUCTORS:

   - Instructors must be willing to offer classes in an online format.
   Preferred platforms are Zoom or Google Hangouts.
   - We will have a dedicated tech support team available for instructors
   and students to support these two preferred platforms. The weekend of June
   6-7 will offer class connection dry-runs for instructors and students who
   want to test their setup.
   - All students MUST pre-register to take a class.
   - No links to classes will be published publicly. Rather, students will
   receive an email confirming class placement and a link to access the class.

If you are want to teach at this session:

   1. Please review: http://university.atlantia.sca.org/teach.php
   <https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Funiversity.atlantia.sca.org%2Fteach.php%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0gZKE5mwBTc3Hg5RrXhY1uD0wa4GsKZSPR-NVlS5reko4K8hEsXzkAj14&h=AT36DV45GxBP-Nr7hhuZnDXrxG4-IhWO8PZQJgPh9F-9uErcg8kdIgjGQ0xqtZtvJ67zTbWlaYEIRzlmrtMpRsfzx2y5iA7RvQZL4dD2gY5PLRsead5FwUj9qLD0g1FEAjMqRJXO>
   2. Submit your class via the online class proposal form:
   http://university.atlantia.sca.org/teach.php
   <http://university.atlantia.sca.org/teach.php?fbclid=IwAR2Tf-4d5FcT1AHxoQ-A4OdLiPQa5PBi_DkYfTPjKn_eSU7s_EqqiCZ9Za4>

Beyond the usual required class info (instructor SCA & legal name, class
title & description, number of students, & duration of class) instructors
for this session MUST be prepared to provide the following information:

   1. Your planned online class platform should be listed in the "Class
   Requirements" field when you submit your class.
   2. You MUST update your class info and provide a direct link to access
   your class in the "Class Requirements" field BEFORE June 5. This link is
   what will be emailed to your students.

Also, we strongly advise instructors to consider providing class handouts
to your students beforehand. You can do so by putting a link to it in your
class description, or email a link to it to pre-registered students after
student registration closes.

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this information.
This is a new undertaking for all of us and while it will not be the same as
in-person University session, we hope we still provide a day dedicated to
freely learning and sharing knowledge with one another.

In service,

Adriana la Bretonne
Chancellor, University of Atlantia
university at atlantia.sca.org