[MR] BBC: Elizabeth I Linked to Lambeth Manuscript

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 01:42:01 PST 2019

Noble Friends,

A manuscript in Lambeth Palace Library has now been linked by a historian
to Queen Elizabeth I. The work is a 42-page translation from Tacitus on how
monarchs should rule and dates from the 1590s. The translation is written
on royal stationery, probably by a scribe working from a draft, but is
corrected in a scrawl known to be the Queen's own hand. Queen Elizabeth is
known to have been working on translations of Tacitus from references in
surviving documents from courtiers.

The whole story can be found at
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50588168 .

Yours Aye,