[MR] History Blog: Leather Baby Bootie Found in Swiss Canal

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 02:24:59 PDT 2019

Noble Friends,

Today the History Blog features a very rare leather baby bootie found in a
canal in Saint Ursanne, Switzerland. The shoe is one of just six similar
examples known to survive, and is elaborately tooled:
http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/54727 .

The bootie was sent to the Lausanne Shoe Museum for study and conservation.
A shoe museum? Seems odd, but why not? It probably isn't a big tourist
draw, but there are museums for almost everything someplace. There is even
an undertaker's museum in Chatham, Virginia, that I am . . . uh . . . just
dying to see next time we go through there on the way to WoW.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆