[MR] BBC: Mappa Mundi and Hereford Cathedral

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 02:13:11 PDT 2019

Noble Friends,

Today BBC Travel is offering an illustrated gallery featuring the Mappa
Mundi, the largest surviving map of its type from the middle ages. In
addition, you will be treated to views of the spectacular Hereford
Cathedral. The Cathedral also houses a chained library, which is shown in
the gallery.

Enjoy the Mappa Mundi at
http://www.bbc.com/travel/gallery/20190324-the-worlds-oldest-medieval-map .
My first try at loading this gallery failed, and my computer just thrashed.
I got it on the second try. In addition, if you choose to watch the
imbedded video it will take a while to load, and starts with the inevitable
commercial message, which takes about four times as long to load as the
message itself. BBC no longer offers a way to avoid or mute this intrusion.
Such is the commercialization of the web.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆