[MR] Thank-you

jaycee peters jay_wynne at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 09:58:59 PDT 2019

If there was one thing that I have learned in all my years, it is that no one ever accomplishes anything worthwhile by themselves.  As autocrat of Trial by Fire/ Lochmere Arrow, I know this quite well and am so very grateful to all those who accepted my request for help.
The event went well, there were 101 adults and 2 children in attendance and both competitions were hard fought and enjoyable.
The Lochmere Arrow has finally left the confines of the Barony of Bright Hills and traveled south with Baron Safir and his shooting partner David, to the Barony of Stierbach.  Perhaps His Excellency should paint the red and white stripes in a dancetty style…just so they stand out!
Trial by Fire had seven contestants producing sixteen different dishes.  The air was alive with the wonderful scent of wood smoke, grilled meat, sweets and other fine things.

The winners are as follows…

Main dish- Heinrich von Holstein of Ponte Alto with Bruette Saaka
Grains- Alexina Mac Suibhne of Dun Carraig with Long Fritters
Vegetables- Heinrich again with Kaldes Crawt
Dessert- Grace the Bold of Dun Carraig with A Fruit Tart
Grand Champion- Alexina Man Suibhne

Alas, I forgot to snag copies of the winning recipes so…would you fine gentles e-mail them to me.  I would like to publish them in the Bright Hills news latter and possibly to the Acorn.
Lady Caillech held a bardic competition for a story, poem, joke or song with unusual foods and fiery arrows.  There were four contestants and the winner was Maraha Kahanikar.  I was told that only 6 points separated first from fourth place.  Well done Atlantia bards!

Finally, as I stated before, nothing good is ever accomplished by one single person.  To the following, please accept my heartfelt thanks.  It is and was an honor to have you all assist me in this event…
Johanna von Sudeborn, Tirzah McCrudden, Godai Katsunaga, Jeanne Tennur de Bec, Deirdre O Bardon, Aiden of Kilkenny, Livia de Samuele, Graham Roberts, Nathon of Arindale,  Cordelia FitzRobert of York, Alexandria Wright, Sindara Lind Racheal Fessel of the Falcon Shield, Caillech ingen Alexander, Gustav Emile der Dunkele Rotvogel, Brienna Llewellyn Lindsey, Rhys of Raven Hill (Raven), Samukawa Mantarou Yukimura, Richard Wyn, Bruce Murray, Maeve FitzRobert of York, Gabrell Faireclough, Greer Jonsdottir, Chagan Bagshee, Barre FitzRobert of York.  Without you, nothing good would have happened, nothing would have happened at all.
Special thanks also to Robert Amman of the Bowman, our seneschal Freydis for her patience and guidance, Wanda our exchequer, who can ‘splain money stuff real good, and Chagan for her inspiration, guidance and support…thanks Memu!

There will be a Trial by Fire next year…in September!!!  Whether it will also be combined with the Lochmere Arrow or another archery event is unknown…but hey, Safir and David…the Baltimore Bowman is a great place…just sayin’.
Atlantia, may the rest of the year be blessed, may you travel safely, return home well and have enough energy to do it all again.
Peace and Thanks,
Meistres Wynne ferch Rhodri
Autocrat