[MR] Gaming at Wild Hunt

Kim Toyofuku kimtinsca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:36:16 PDT 2018

The Hunt Master has loosed his minions upon you!!! You flee for safety –
you hope – to a tent filled with games of luck, skill & chance. Are you
safe and able to enjoy a reprieve while gaming? Or will the Hunt find you
and challenge you to one of these games to determine your fate? Will
fortune favor you? Will luck be a Lady this fine day? Or will the challenge
take you and you will end up joining the Wild Hunt?

So many questions with answers to be found when you journey to the
magnificent Barony of Ponte Alto for their newest Fall event…The Wild Hunt
on October 13th. The rules for each game is available but the Hunter may
adjust them to their liking.

- Above missive sent from our Games Gatekeeper Baroness Janina Krakowska z
Cambion who will be there to help guide the way.

We are hosting a gaming tent for the enjoyment of the populace as well as
another arena for challenges to be held. The gaming tent will be run
lending library style where people can “check out” a game for a spell on
our sign out board. We will provide the shade & tables for you to play upon
but ask that you please bring your chairs for your seating enjoyment. Come
& relax & play some of your favorite games or become acquainted with ones
you haven’t played before.

Remember this is the perfect opportunity for those of you who become
Hunters to challenge those to your version of the games available. Use your
imagination & create your perfect version of your beloved games. Ever
wanted to see if the winner of a game is actually the one who tries to
lose? How about a game of chess with the winner being the one who loses the
least pawns? Your imagination is the limit where the rules available need
not apply.

We are looking for temporary donations to the lending library for the
day…any medieval games, games of a medieval nature or just beloved games of
SCAdians. Games can be board, card or physical such as cribbage, chess,
dice, knucklebones, bocce, etc. Please contact Kim of Wolfshaven if you
would like to graciously allow us to borrow your games to enhance our event…
ladykim.of.wolfshaven at gmail.com. Games will be returned promptly to their
owners after the event.

We thank you in advance for your temporary donation & assistance! Let the
games begin!