[MR] Edward Bruce, Forgotten Brother of Robert the Bruce

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 01:55:53 PDT 2018

Noble Friends, Especially Fellow Scots,

This interesting piece from the GUARDIAN newspaper was forwarded to me by
Lady Sophia, and it is certainly worth sharing.

Edward Bruce was a younger brother of King of Scots Robert the Bruce. He
died in 1318 in Ireland, ostensibly while fighting to establish a united
front adding the Irish to the Scots in resisting English domination. Edward
was also trying to carve out a kingdom for himself in Ireland. Today he is
largely forgotten, except in the name of the King Bruce pub in Dundalk,
Northern Ireland, and its WiFi password.

Here is the GUARDIAN article:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/02/gone-long-forgotten-robert-the-bruce-brother-edward-chris-pine-outlaw-king

More about Edward Bruce can be found at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bruce
<https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/02/gone-long-forgotten-robert-the-bruce-brother-edward-chris-pine-outlaw-king>
 .

Of course, we cannot overlook THE OUTLAW KING, a biopic of Robert the Bruce
and his family starring Chris Pine, to be released by on 9 November. The
trailer is embedded in the GUARDIAN's article. Looks like a definite
improvement over Pine's role as Captain Kirk.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆