[MR] Highland River Melees 2018 - Insurrection!

Jacintha of Highland Foorde jacintha74 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 15:53:32 PDT 2018

You are cordially invited to the Barony of Highland Foorde’s Highland River
Melees 2018 - Insurrection! (No one ever expects the Insurrection. Wait!
Wrong “I” word!)

Highland Foorde is rising against the lack of fun and is hosting an
Insurrection themed Melees on June 1st to 3rd.

What do all these words have in common - Savory Toasted Cheese, polyester
garb, bribes, filk, tennis shoes, honey butter, Freon cans and hats and
bats fighters!!  They come from a time of fun and simpler lives.  Our Dream
began with mop buckets and carpeting for armor, theater department
Renaissance rejects, a time before documentation was easily available.  We
want you to take a step back to a time when ignorance was bliss and have
fun!  Throw off the shackles of authenticity and throw out extensive
documentation for a weekend filled with enjoyment for fun's sake!

Start your summer off right and be able to authorize in Heavy Weapons,
Rapier, Combat Archery as well as SIEGE and EQUESTRIAN!  Our archery and
thrown weapons ranges will be open. MIT’s are welcome in all
disciplines.  Remember,
Pennsic is right around the corner!!

We have something for everyone and we hope fun will be had by all! We're
tossing out the status quo and we're kicking it Ye Olde School, back to
when events weren't so serious and were more focused on joy!

We have so much to offer, you’ll simply have to check out one or more of
the following!

Atlantian Event Flyer
<http://www.atlantia.sca.org/137-events/167-event-flyer?event_id=8d195886>

Highland River Melees 2018 Web Page
<http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org/hrmelees/index.php>

Highland River Melees 2018 Facebook Event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/260850380987810>

Register at
http://www.atlantia.sca.org/events/paypal-user-event-registration-form

Pre-reg is cheaper! Our Old School Feast for 50 is by pre-registration!

Merchants, please contact Lord Pall Naesbjarnarson at (240) 586-4669 or
Paul.Savitts[AT]gmail.com to vend. You know you want to!

Remember when you showed up to an event and helped? You can volunteer for a
shift and help us out! https://goo.gl/forms/ZNseIFdZ0Lvd39Mk2 Make new
friends and work with interesting people!

Lend a hand! Lend a smile! Lend a laugh! See you there!

Lady Jacintha of Highland Foorde

Highland River Melees 2018 Event Steward

hrmelees at highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org

Please cross-post!