[MR] Hosting a Future Session of Atlantian University

Adriana la Bretonne baronessadriana at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:11:06 PDT 2018

Greetings!

I am your friendly neighborhood Chancellor of the University of Atlantia.
In this position, my responsibilities include recruiting instructors,
scheduling classes, and promoting sessions as they occur, as well as
helping to find sites and mentoring event stewards for future Universities.

We currently have a need for bids for all 2019 University Sessions
(February 2, June 8 & September 21). Please note, we are considering asking
for permission for June University to occur on June 15, 2019. (This is
because I may be running a national library conference in Florida June 4-6.
The final dates for my conference will be determined in the next few weeks.)

As you can see, part of my professional experience is conference planning
including site selection, session scheduling, event marketing, vendor
relations, and logistics and budget planning. In the SCA, I have served as
an event steward, an event steward mentor, local and regional seneschal,
and as a landed Baroness. If your group hasn't hosted a University in the
past, or it's been awhile since you have done so, please feel free to
contact me so I can use all of these skills to your advantage to help you
put together a bid and host a successful University.

Also, we have proven that you don't have to have an indoor school or church
site to host a University. We have now had 3 outdoor University sessions
hosted by Windmasters' Hill and Sacred Stone. There's more than one type of
site and / way to hold a University.

I am accessible to anyone as they put together a bid and run the event.

This FAQ on University Bids is an excellent place for initial info about
the site needs and such: http://university.atlantia.sca.org/host.php

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

In service,
Adriana