[MR] Tick season update

Karen Whitlock chagankhulan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:42:13 PDT 2018

Greetings All,

    Since we'e now well into the Summer Tourney and camping season, the
link below is, I think, of considerable importance to us.
     The long horned tick is no longer confined to New Jersey and has been
found in Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. It can carry  up to four
different diseases. The Lone Star tick has also been found infesting
Atlantia and elsewhere and is no friend either.

Here's the article;
http://thejerseytomatopress.com/stories/rutgers-led-tick-blitz-finds-exotic-longhorned-ticks-and-aggressive-lone-star-ticks-in-new,19625

     I can't urge you strongly enough to PLEASE CHECK FOR TICKS whenever
you're out and about in areas that can potentially harbor ticks.  Check
your animals as well- the long horned tick can easily infect them as wel as
any of the other tick varieties. Be proactive!

In service and in friendship, I remain,

Chagan Khulan