[MR] Lochmere ~ Midwinter's Feast

Baroness of Lochmere baroness at lochmere.atlantia.sca.org
Wed Jan 3 15:35:46 PST 2018

Good Day Fellow Atlantians!

I hope this missive finds you all warm and safe and ready for a great start
to the New Year. While the biting cold reminds us of how Vikings might have
lived, we in Lochmere intend to warm you in our hall with our Midwinter's
Feast on January 27.  It's a celebration of Diwali - the Festival of
Lights! The warmth of the colors will heat your hearts and hands as we play
games, have bardic performances, and colorful competitions. Our overall A&S
competition is focused on Mandala. We welcome entries based on food,
scribal, embroidery, chain mail or whatever you would like to enter with a
mandala theme in mind. We will be sponsoring a Baronial A&S Champion
competition based on color, the more colorful, the better! It will be
topped off by a very scrumptious feast provided by Mistress Lisette la Roux
and her staff. The feast promises to be a journey flavors. Just a few of
the highlights include Coconut Jaggery Laddo (little ball of sweetness),
fresh fruits, fish, goat, vegetables and Gulab Jamun (a syrupy little ball
of sweetness).

Please join us for all the warmth, fun, and friendship Lochmere has to
offer!

Yours in Service
Baroness Sarra de Vicenza
Barony of Lochmere