[MR] Dance at Ymir

Michelle C theoriginalmcc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 17:22:39 PST 2018

I am very excited about the ball for Ymir!
http://ymir.windmastershill.org/?page_id=123

In keeping with the event's theme, The Norse Take Paris, Set 1 will be
"Raiding France", a combination of French dances and dances with French
names.

There isn't a record of Norse dances in period, so Set 2 is the closest
thing we have: English dances! These will be led by THL Kathryn Larke of
Blackwater, known as Larke. (In my head, I call this set "Darkness and
Turmoil", in keeping with the theme. If you look at the dance names, you'll
see why.)

In Set 3, the "siege" is over, with themes of peace, love, and a new year!
If there is still time and interest after all of that, we'll continue
dancing.

Dance practice is scheduled from 1-2 pm in the Recreation Hall. I will be
there at 12:30 for any early birds. We have to end promptly at 2 to make
way for other performing arts.

The ball starts after feast. I ask that dancers who enjoy feast dedicate 20
minutes to feast cleanup  and setting up the hall for dance, if able.
Anyone is welcome to dance, play with the dance band, or float
back-and-forth between the bardic circle, dancing, and playing in the band.
Mistress Azza has compiled the dance music into the Google spreadsheet
below!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MjfSCohTG3R7-kP6ZFYAoJAfLt6-um-_hKrkGIMcbdM/edit#gid=2266940

~Wenllyan