[MR] Winter University Session 98 hosted by the Barony of Raven's Cove

Adriana la Bretonne baronessadriana at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 08:42:08 PDT 2017

Greetings to all,

The Barony of Raven's Cove has graciously agreed to be our hosts for the
Winter 98th Session of the University of Atlantia, to be held in
Kenansville, NC on February 3, 2018.

If you are interested in teaching a class, organizing a track of classes,
or have an idea for a class but don't know who to turn to, please view
http://university.atlantia.sca.org/teach.php or send a note to me at
university at atlantia.sca.org.

Class proposal information can be submitted either through the website form
located on the above link or via email. TRACK proposals are due by December
12 and individual class proposals are due December 16, 2017.

Please include the following information:
- Instructor name (SCA and modern)
- Class title
- Fees (if any)
- Max number of students (the default maximum is 25)
- Duration of class (1 hour, 2 hours, or more)
- Class description
- Any special requests including equipment or space requirements for the
class, as well as any conflicts. This includes equipment the instructor
would need from the site. E.g.: projector, sturdy tables, etc. Equipment is
not necessarily available, but it can't hurt to ask.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. I look
forward to the 98th session!

Also, we are actively seeking bids for the Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and
Winter 2019 University sessions. In fact, for the 2018 Summer University
session we are considering moving from the traditional 2nd Saturday of June
date. So, if you have a site that is available to host University on June
2nd or the 16th, we want to hear from you. The reason for a possible date
chance June 2018 University is because on June 9 the Known World Herald and
Scribes' Symposium which will be held om Pittsburgh and a 17th century
clothing symposium at Jamestown.  Given that these events are not held as
often as university and are three of the more popular topics in university
(clothing, heraldry, and scribal), folks have raised concern that they may
pull teachers as well as students from participating in that session of
university. Please contact me for information bid proposals and the bid
process.

Thank you for supporting Atlantia's University.

In service,
Dame Adriana la Bretonne
Deputy University Chancellor