[MR] Sacred Stone Baronial Birthday and Investiture

Neca Johnson via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Tue May 30 10:12:10 PDT 2017

Sacred Stone Baronial Birthday and Investiture
September 22-24, 2017 – King’s Mountain State Park
http://sacredstone.atlantia.sca.org/baronial-birthday/

As seasons change, so must our fair barony. Please join us to celebrate our birthday, say good-bye to our beloved Marc and Alianor, and welcome our newest baronage!

Scheduled Activities
Armored fighters
We’re not sure yet what scenario Master Achbar is cooking up for the armored combatants, but we can tell you that our own Baron Marc d’Aubny has crafted gorgeous blades for just this occasion.  Come and test your mettle on the field of combat, and you may well go home with one of these coveted prizes! And don’t despair if armored isn’t your cup of tea, these aren’t just for the heavy fighters!
Rapier fighters
A full day designed to test your mettle is in store for you. A poker tournament is sure to whet your appetite, and a drunken sailor tournament is certain to make you think outside of the box.  Melee activities will round out the day, if any combatants are left standing.
Youth fighters
Bring your gear, you're going to need it!  An off-hand tournament will challenge how well-rounded your skills are becoming.  If that's not enough, you are to face the dreaded Hunger Games Challenge!  Melee scenarios are also in store for our up and coming fighters.
Archery shoots will be held throughout the day for our ranged weapons enthusiasts.
Artisans
You are certainly not to be forgotten! Competitions and displays will be held throughout the day so that you may show your pride in our Barony to our incoming Baronage. A Baronial Pride competition leads off the festivities - bring your best use of green and white in any medium so that the populace may gaze upon your handiwork. A Novice Competition will also be held - whether you are new to competitions or new to a medium, those who have been crafting for a year or less are welcomed to display their new skills.  Lord Ian, in his quest to educate on the history of leather work, is also issuing a challenge to artisans to bring their best reproduction leather goods (along with the documentation from the original source material) for all to see.
Bards
Kick off the festivities by attending the Bardic Blow Out on Friday night.  Through the day, the punniest of our gentles will be challenged by displaying their originality, abundance and pure stamina in what is sure to leave our sides splitting! Master Dunstan is our Punmaster for the event.
Feasting and Merriment
Never ones to overlook the details, we will be having a “most magnificent feast table” competition.  Bring your finest tablecloth, fanciest feast ware, and decorate your table and the adjoining wall so that we may dine in medieval grandeur.  The most resplendent table may do justice to the sublime Basque feast being prepared by our own Otto von Schwyz. Any concerns about the menu or allegories please contact Herr Otto von Schwyz (Otto.vonSchwyz at gmail.com<mailto:Otto.vonSchwyz at gmail.com>)

Additional activities will be announced as they become finalized.
Reservations
Reservations may be completed online through the PayPal Event Registration Form<http://www.atlantia.sca.org/events/paypal-user-event-registration-form> or sent to Mistress Kisaiya Zingara (Dawn Davis) 900 Stockwood Ct, High Point NC 27265. If you have questions about reserving your space, please contact Mistress Kisaiya at Kisaiya at gmail.com<mailto:Kisaiya at gmail.com> or 336-252-9860 (no calls after 9 please.)

Adult Member

Adult Non-Member

Youth (5-17)

Child (0-4)

Site Fee

$ 11.00

$ 16.00

$ 6.00

$ 0.00

Feast

$ 10.00

$ 10.00

$ 10.00

$ 0.00

Camping Fee

$ 5.00

$ 5.00

$ 0.00

$ 0.00

Site
Camp York in King’s Mountain State Park, Kings Mountain State Park, Fire Rd, Blacksburg, SC 29702. Site open Friday 5:00pm, closes Sunday 10:00am. No Pets (service animals allowed).
For those that have not been to the site, Kings Mountain is a wooded site with some uneven ground. Vehicles may not be driven to cabins or off the main roads. Please plan accordingly when packing. Reservation spaces for overnight stays on site are limited to 120 gentles. Additional space for RV camping is available within King’s Mountain State Park, but not within Camp York. Several hotel accommodations are nearby, please see the event website for contact information.
Directions from the north:
Take your best route to I-85 south.  Take exit 8 for NC-161 towards Kings Mountain State Park.

Directions from the south:
Take your best route to I-77 north.  Take exit 55 to SC-277 N to Chester County.  Turn left onto SC-97 N/Great Falls Road (Signs for Chester).  Follow US-321 N to SC-161 in York County.  Continue on NC-161 to Kings Mountain State Park.
Additional questions may be directed to our Autocrat, Baroness Gwenllian Ferch Gwilim (Neca Johnson), 7 Finch Ave., Thomasville, NC 27360 Phone: (336) 908-1230, E-mail: bneca at hotmail.com<mailto:bneca at hotmail.com>. No calls after 9pm please.