[MR] Stierbach Baronial Investiture - A&S Activities

Failenn Chu inghean ui Fhaelain via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Wed Jun 7 12:44:05 PDT 2017

Please feel free to cross post!

Stierbach Baronial Investiture A&S! June 24, 2017

This Baronial Investiture is a grand time to show off your Arts and
Sciences! We will be having competitions, displays, and hopefully classes!
Bring your bling to show it off! Teach others to make fantastic crafts!
Come and learn how do do things!
Displays
This year we will be having 2 display opportunities!
1. Static Display - Bring whatever you're working on, let us see your art,
your science! (Documentation encouraged, but not required.) (Lady Failenn
Chu ingen ui Fhaelain arts at stierbach.org)
2. Peer Review - Bring your work in progress, your “thesis” project that
keeps growing, that project that has you stuck. Receive feedback like that
which you’d receive in a competition, but here, everyone is a winner!
Tokens are encouraged. Feedback forms will be provided, but please bring a
notebook to accompany your submission. Draft documentation strongly
encouraged. (Lady Esa inghean Donnchaidh, scott [dot] rachel anne [at]
gmail [dot] com)

Three competitions!
1. Dirty Dozen Largesse - Make 12 of anything that can be given as largesse
by either the Baron and Baron or the King and Queen. This one is anonymous,
so if you make documentation, please remember no names. Winner will get 1
of each item and possibly a little something extra..... (Lady Failenn Chu
ingen ui Fhaelain arts at stierbach.org)
2. Scroll Blank Competition - The Scrivener Royal would love some blanks!
Please remember to leave a 1/2" - 1" border the whole way around your
illumination and to document if there are any toxic materials used.
Documentation with pictures of the exemplar are highly encouraged. Winner
will get a prize and the Scrivener Royal will get blanks! Win - win!( Lady
Failenn Chu ingen ui Fhaelain arts at stierbach.org)
3. German Landsknecte Competition - Entries for this competition may
include any item that a Landsknechte would need on their travels. In
addition to usual judging criteria (such as documentation), entries will be
judged on their usefulness and creativity! (Lady Esa inghean Donnchaidh,
scott [dot] rachel anne [at] gmail [dot] com)

Classes!
12-1: You bought it, now what: bought a fleece that you forgot the project
for, or maybe it didn't end up what you wanted? Every fleece has ares that
can/will be used for certain projects, as well as certain breeds are better
suited for some projects than others, though that's not to say every breed
has to be put into a certain category - Lady Freug the Herbalist. Outside
under her pavilion.
1-2: Fleeces from our scadian history: certain breeds helped shape the
clothing and trades that we associate with the middle ages, come see which
ones were part of the ages we hold near & dear, as well as their origins,
their trade secrets, and how they continue (or don't) to influence cultures
today - Lady Freug the Herbalist. Outside under her pavilion.
1-2 PM - "What's that hat and how do I say Hi, basic SCA etiquette " -
Baroness Aine ingen Chuimin - It will be an overview of what the different
crowns and coronets represent , titles and how to address them, when and
where to bow. Also a brief overview of group heraldry. Indoors
2-3: Grease in fleece: the debate continues...is it better to use a cleaned
fleece vs a fleece 'in the grease' (unwashed/partially cleaned). Come bring
your spindle, wheel, even your thigh & your hands to do it as some cultures
still do it...find out for yourself. Come get your fingers filthy looking
at fleeces & how they were bred for the staple lengths they currently have,
& advantages/disadvantages of both clean, minimally processed, & 'off the
sheep' - Lady Freug the Herbalist. Outside under her pavilion.

Thank you!
Yours in Service to the Dream,
Lady Failenn Chu ingen ui Fhaelain
Minister of Arts and Sciences, Barony of Stierbach
Eastern Deputy to the Clerk Signet of Atlantia