[MR] Chatelain Vacancy: Southern Regional Deputy Chatelain

Leesa Orton via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sun Jul 30 07:45:58 PDT 2017

 Unto the populace of fair Atlantia does Mary Isabel of Heatherstone,
Kingdom Chatelain, send greetings. I wish to thank Lady Sarah Bryghton (of
Cathanar) for her service as the Southern Regional Deputy Chatelain, and
wish her much success in her next adventures.
The Kingdom Chatelain Office has an upcoming vacancy for the Southern
Regional Deputy Chatelain position. The ideal candidate would have
experience as a Chatelain, and must possess both emotional intelligence and
good communication skills.

Eligibility requirements and responsibilities of the position may be found
at: ...

http://atlantia.sca.org/component/jdownloads/send/19-clerk-of-law/125-the-atlantian-great-book-of-law
(Sections 4.5 & 5)

http://atlantia.sca.org/offices/seneschal/clerk-of-law/policy/chatelain
(particularly Section 9.4)

This position is an “Officer of State” position. If selected, the initial
term of office is three (3) years. While the documents listed above cover
the “rules” that govern this office, they don’t accurately reflect the
impact that a great Chatelain can have on their Region. Supporting a strong
Newcomer program in our Southern groups is an amazing opportunity for the
right volunteer, and you’ll be coordinating a remarkable collection of
Chatelains. I will be available at Pennsic, and via email to answer any
questions you might have about the demands of the Southern Regional Deputy
Chatelain role.

 If you are interested in applying for this position, please include the
following information in an email to their Majesties (trm at atlantia.sca.org),
cc'ing their Highnesses (trh at atlantia.sca.org) and me (
chatelain at atlantia.sca.org):

• Full name (modern and SCA)

• Complete contact information

• SCA member # and expiration date

• The position you are applying for (Southern Regional Deputy Chatelain)

• Letter explaining your experience (professional and SCA) and why you
would like to be considered

Applications are due by August, 31, 2017. If you are also interested in the
Kingdom Chatelain position, please feel free to send a separate
application. As I have two vacancies, I’d hate to lose a possible volunteer
for either office because they felt as if they could only apply for one.
Thank you! ~Molly

*Mary Isabel of Heatherstone, OL*
*Chatelain, Kingdom of Atlantia*
*chatelain at atlantia.sca.org* <chatelain at atlantia.sca.org>