[MR] Wikipedia: Prague's Charles Bridge

Garth Groff via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sun Jul 9 03:18:54 PDT 2017

Noble Friends,

On this day in 1357, Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV laid the first stone
of what would later be called the "Charles Bridge" in Prague. This
beloved bridge still stands with its fortified towers, and is in daily
use for pedestrians crossing the Moldau (yes, the same river of
Smetana's symphonic tone poem Má Vlast, one of my favorite classical
compositions): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bridge .

For more photos of the Charles Bridge, try this:
https://structurae.net/structures/charles-bridge .

Smetana's music is admittedly not in our period, though the legends
behind his music are. You can go here to learn about about Má Vlast:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Má_vlast#Vltava .

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge