[MR] BBC: Wales' Arthurian Connections

Garth Groff via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sun Jan 15 02:32:37 PST 2017

Noble Friends,

Next week Bangor University's Centre for Arthurian Studies will open.
The school is currently the only place in the world where one can earn a
master's degree in Arthurian literature, though this doesn't seem like a
career that is much in demand (Hey, I was a sociology grad and my degree
got me a job driving a delivery truck!).

In any case, the BBC is offering an interesting video clip showing
sights the Welsh claim are associated with the Arthurian legend. It is a
striking little film, and well worth viewing, if only for the image of a
supposed Excaliber:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-38603525 .

The story mentions a new King Arthur film scheduled for release this
year, KING ARTHUR, LEGEND OF THE SWORD. You can view the trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rbPTQIdjmY .

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge