[MR] Ragnarök

Garth Groff via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Jan 3 03:03:43 PST 2017

Noble Friends, especially Vikings:

A non-Scadian friend sent me a collage-like artwork that reminded me
very much of Ragnarök, Norse mythology's equivalent of Armageddon.
Ragnarök is said to be the end of gods and men (along with quite a few
monsters too). The end time is mentioned in a number of Norse sagas and
is developed in the poetic Eddas Vafþrúðnismál and Völuspá, as well as
the prose Edda Gylfaginning  Like all end-of-time stories, the Ragnarök
is a bummer, with lots of juicy Wagnerian death and destruction.
Surprisingly, a new and better world arises from the destruction in
these tales, with the earth repopulated by just men and women who are
wisely ruled by the surviving Gods.

Apparently the news media and the web spread a story that Ragnarök was
scheduled for 22 February 2014. Drat! I missed all the fun.

You can read more about Ragnarök at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarök

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge