[MR] BRIGHT HILLS BARONIAL BIRTHDAY IS HAPPENING!

Karen Whitlock via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Fri Feb 17 10:20:23 PST 2017

Greetings All,

      Fear not, the Bright Hills Baronial Birthday event is still on -
despite a recent addition to activities causing the event announcement to
be pulled at the last minute for upgrading.  Humble apologies from the
Autocrat.
      Event info and directions are available on the Bright Hills website
at;
brighthills.atlantia.sca.org - look in the "local events" section shown on
the home page on the right side under the header.

Shown below is the event scedule and Feast menu;

        Bright Hills Baronial Birthday “Then and Now”

8:00 AM – Hall opens for set-up

9:00 AM – Troll opens for staff and merchants only.

10:00 AM – Event opens

10:30 AM - A & S, brewing & Illumination open for entries

11:00 AM - Martial and Archery activities and MoL check in open

11:30 AM - Bardic Bear Pit begins

12:00 Noon – Lunch – A fundraiser by the Baronial archers.

 1:00 PM - Children’s activities begin

2:00 PM – Youth fighting begins

2:30 PM– Bardic Bear Pit ends

3:00 PM – Children’s activities end

3:30 PM – A & S closes, Troll closes

4:30 PM – Court * Please, no packing up, breaking down displays during
Court.*

5:30 PM – Set up tables for Feast, Merchants can now begin to pack up.

6:00 PM – Feast

Post Feast – Hall cleanup and breakdown. All help greatly appreciated.

10:00 PM – Hall closes

Please note – there will be a sign up sheet at troll for feast seating;

Menu for Feast

First Course:

Bratwurst
Fresh cheese
Pickled vegetables
Gravlax with mustard
Fresh butter
Bread

A palate cleanser of jellied milk and oranges.

Second Course:

Farced (stuffed) chicken
Savory toasted cheese and broccoli/ cheesy pudding
Roasted farro and squash or sweet potatoes
Dutch carrots with hummus

Dessert Table:

Cakes, rum balls, almond tarts and other goodies

     We hope you'll join us for a  friendly, laid back day of fun.  The
weather - unlike the past few years - promises to be in the low 60's, sunny
and with light breezes.

     Our Archers are chomping at the bit to get out and shoot, the Heavy
fighters will have a Bear Pit to start readying themselves for the Tourney
season and we'll have Youth combat available - so bring your armor and
bows!

     A Bardic bearpit awaits, children's activities,  competitions to
choose our Baronial  A & S champion and Brewing Champion and some lovely
merchants to entice you with their wares.

Safe journey and come relax with us!

Chagan Khulan

Autocrat