[MR] Wikipedia: Mary, Queen of Scots Executed

Garth Groff via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Wed Feb 8 02:00:27 PST 2017

Noble Friends, Especially Fellow Scots:

On this date in 1587, Mary, Queen of Scots, was beheaded on the order of
Queen Elizabeth I of England. Mary led an amazing though tragic life,
and (IMHO) like most of the Stuarts was a failure as a monarch:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary,_Queen_of_Scots .

Mary's crime was plotting to kill Elizabeth. She was convicted of being
part of the Babbington Plot:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary,_Queen_of_Scots .

Mary, Queen of Scots, was buried in Peterborough Cathedral after a
Protestant funeral service. In 1612 her son, now James VI of Scotland
(and now James I of England), had the remains moved to Westminster Abbey
where she rests to this day under a magnificent effigy.

Ironically, Mary's son James inherited the English throne upon
Elizabeth's death in 1603. Thus the Scottish Stuarts finally won all the
marbles, so to speak.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge