[MR] Night on the Town/Night of the Tartan Martial Activities

Jennifer Fischer via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sun Apr 2 07:17:18 PDT 2017

NOTT.....there will be martial activities!!! YAY!!!

Greetings from the loyal NOTT mascot, Bruce, the Bruce,

How gracious of the Barony of Lochmere to not only welcome me home with a
grand day of revelry and food, but to include some of my most favorite
martial games and challenges.

It will make the day one to be remembered. I doubt any clansman will fail
to accept the challenge to match our clansfolk in a Rapier Blacksword
tournament. – My smile grows to know that you thought of such a fine test
of steel to celebrate my return. Let us see what wonderful techniques you
have learned while I was away!

You mentioned a larger scale rapier challenge too, how valiant! Having
these talented swordspersons match arms in a Snowball tournament to decide
teams and then trade blows while romping from farm to farm to capture the
sheep was brilliant! I would be scared if I were the sheep!

Knowing how much I miss the trees of Lochmere’s forest; providing a chance
to take to the deepest backwoods and let those skilled with a bow mix among
our best swordsmen for sport will certainly end the day in good spirits!

But of course, we cannot forget the numerous other games that will allow
everyone to attempt to best each other and gain a prize.

The archers can warm their bowstrings shooting at the butts as well. The
archery range will have the opportunity to test accuracy skills on an
enchanting tripled knot for a target!

And of course, the thrown weapons must not be left out of the competitions!
For those with a hefty swing, a tournament where the thrown weapon of
choice aims at a target of a Celtic Hammer! That’s a throw at a hammer more
than a hammer throw!

Do you not practice swordplay, bow or thrown a hefty axe? Do not fear! For
those who can only throw a rock, our favorite test of skill, the Scotch
Stone put! Tossing that rock inside those fancy squares and patterns always
left a grin on my face.

Join me on April 14-16th 2017 for these tests of feat on the fields of the
Barony of Lochmere at Night on the Town, Night of the Tartan!

I remain, humbly,
Bruce, the Bruce!