[MR] Storvik Song and Dance, November 12

sca_bard@yahoo.com via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Fri Oct 7 15:51:07 PDT 2016

Are your augurs or astrologers predicting something dire in early
November?  Come and dance away your cares at Storvik's second Song and
Dance.  We will alternate blocks of performance with sessions of dance
instruction, ending the day with a Grand Ball and a bardic circle.

Event Web Site: We will continue to update our website with a full schedule, information on lunch, and other news as it comes in.  Check https://storvik.atlantia.sca.org/2016/10/storvik-song-and-dance/ for the latest details.

Song: Master Ruaidhri an Cu will be the master of ceremonies for our scheduled performances.  Slots are first-come, first-served.  Reserve up to 15 minutes for your songs, skits, monologues, poetry, stories, interpretive dance, and more!  (No fire acts, please.)  Contact ruaidhriancu at gmail.com to claim a spot.

And Dance: Master Stephan of Cambion and Lady Evelyn Merrymet will be our dancing masters.  Learn the dances during the day, then dance the evening away during the Grand Ball.  Dance musicians are eagerly sought! Bring your Pennsic Pile.

Lunch: Lady Alicia of Cambion will be creating  delightful harvest-themed fundraiser lunch for $5. Proceeds will benefit the Monday night practice hall rental.  A Google doc will be coming for you to register for lunch - please see the event web site.  Please do not pay for lunch with your event pre-registration.

Feast: Potluck.  Please bring a dish to serve 8 people.  We will have electricity to power slow cookers;we will not have refrigerator access.  We will have somecoolers available, but if your dish needs to be stored cold, please bring your own cooler if you can.

Site: St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 4512 College Ave, College Park, MD 20740
Site opens at 10am.  Ball and bardic to end by 8pm; clean-up from 8-9pm.
Site is dry. Not even beer and wine anymore.

Costs:
Pre-registration, adult member discount: $10
Pre-registration, adult: $15
At the door, adult member discount: $12
At the door, adult: $17
17 and under: Free
Make checks payable to: SCA, Inc., Barony of Storvik
Please include your member number on your check, if you have one.
Send reservations to the autocrat.

Autocrat: Lady Teleri the Well-Prepared (Jamie Lennon), 9426 Canterbury Riding, Laurel, MD 20723.  sca_bard[at]yahoo.com, 301-483-3691, no calls after 9pm, please.

Directions:
>From the north:
Best route to I-95 S.  After exit 29, stay in the second lane from the right.  The highway splits; stay right.  Then, when a lane opens to the left, get into it.  Take the ramp around, merge back onto I-95, and immediately take Exit 25 to US-1 S, College Park.  Continue from *, below.

>From the south: Take either side of the DC Beltway to Exit 25 for US-1.  Take US-1 S to College Park.  Continue from *, below.

*Final approach: Take US-1 S past the main entrance to University of Maryland.  Go through the light at Rossborough Lane and through the light for the pedestrian crosswalk.  At the next light, College Ave, turn left.  (The Bagel Place, with a green awning, and a Target will be on the left; a Potbelly Sandwich shop will be on the right.)  Go through the first stop sign; you will see St Andrew's on your left.  At the second stop sign, turn left onto Princeton Ave.  Turn left again into

the St Andrew's parking lot; the second left, into a gravel field, is also St. Andrew's parking.  There is some parking facing Princeton Ave; there is more if you continue to drive past the church.  If that all fills up, there is pay parking under the Target.
The entrance to the church hall is on your left when you first turn into the parking - it's a set of black metal stairs leading up to a large brown wooden door; look for SCA signage.