[MR] Target and Combat Archery at Hunt & Harvest Saturday (Nanjemoy, MD)

Kelly Keck via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Thu Oct 6 14:49:46 PDT 2016

Greetings, Archers of Atlantia,

I neglected to include archery on the kingdom event announcement, so some
people may not be aware that there *will* be archery at Hunt & Harvest, Dun
Carraig's baronial birthday, this Saturday, in Nanjemoy, MD.  We will have
multiple opportunities to shoot things (and people)!

Our archery champion has put together a fun little target archery shoot,
themed around games of chance.  Target archery is scheduled from 10 - 4,
weather permitting.  (There's currently a 60% chance of showers, so the
range may need to be closed for rain.)

On the combat archery side, the armored hunt includes teams of three.  The
"hunter" can be either a spearman or combat archer, with up to two "hunting
dogs" with single swords.  The armored hunt will take place from 11:00 to
1:00 in the woods.  (If the woods are too muddy for safe fighting, the hunt
will be moved to the field.)

More info on the event, including schedule and feast menu, can be found
here: http://duncarraig.net/birthday/index.shtml  The Facebook page for the
event is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/343563465975376/

YIS,
Lady Adriana Michaels, autocrat for Hunt & Harvest