[MR] War of the Wings - Hurricane Matthew Assistance

Vincenzo D'Este via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Wed Oct 5 09:45:41 PDT 2016

Greetings from the WotW staff,

In light of the coming storm, the staff of War of the Wings and the Barony
of Sacred Stone would like to extend an invitation to those attendees
affected by the evacuations.  Starting Saturday, October 8th, the site will
be open for camping for people from areas in the direct path of the
hurricane.  Though this opening date does not cover the full time the
States are expected to experience Hurricane Matthew, we hope this will
alleviate some worry.  The site's weather currently only calls for some
rain, but weather can be unpredictable.  We will keep everyone updated as
the storm grows near.

A very important note. The event is not opening early. The site is being
opened up to those who need somewhere away from the path of the storm. Once
the event opens on Wednesday everyone will need to check in with the event
and pay any event fees due and owing if they are not already pre-registered.

For those wishing to use this option, please keep a few things in mind.
With the possibility of more weather reaching site, please be sure to bring
bottled water and supplies for the possibility of losing power.  Also, the
staff of War of the Wings is only just going to be arriving for set up.
Please be aware that you will not be able to set up your camp in your
allotted land for the event until your land agent arrives.  Once blocks
have been arranged and land agents approve the location of your tent, you
will be asked to move to your respective location.

We hope this will assist those in need.  Please contact Vincenzo d'Este at
vincenzo.de.este at gmail.com if you have any questions.

Yours in service,

Vincenzo d’Este