[MR] BBC: Castle Eilean Donan

Garth Groff via Atlantia atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Thu Nov 10 02:28:12 PST 2016

Noble Friends, Especially Fellow Scots,

Today the BBC is offering a photo tour of Eilean Donan, one of
Scotland's most picturesque castles. This castle has appeared in
countless books, films, brochures, nearly every pictorial calendar
featuring Scotland, and was the inspiration for the castle in BRAVE.
While the current castle is very much an early 20th century recreation,
the site has been fortified since at least the 13th century, with major
parts of the current castle dating from the 1500s.

The gallery contains 11 lovely photos of the castle and its
surroundings. Each is accompanied by an explanatory text which blatzes
out part of the image. This can be removed by clicking on the small "I"
icon in the upper right, but you will have to do it for each image:
http://www.bbc.com/travel/gallery/20161107-the-scottish-castle-first-designed-in-a-dream
.

Of course, there is the mandatory photo of a bagpiper in his kilt.
Before you ask, "What is worn under a kilt?", let me assure you that for
a Scot nothing is worn--everything is in perfect working order.

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, That Crazy Scot